Wireless and Fancy Free

This morning I spent 20 minutes on hold with the doctor's office. We made the most of it. We started off at 10th in line. I put the phone on speaker phone and the boys danced to the hold music. Each time we were moved up in the line, Henry would say, "Now let's do the number 9 dance! OK, now the number 8 dance!" At long last, it was our turn. It was absolutely worth the wait.

We'd gotten news on Friday that Cora's last pending test, her oxypneumogram, had come back mostly negative. The nurse had made a passing comment about only needing the monitor "when she was unsupervised," but we understood it to mean after this first month. This morning I woke up frustrated and discouraged with the monitor and the degree to which it interferes with our life. I literally have dreams of picking Cora up when she cries and just walking away from wherever it is that she's been laying. Micah suggested that I call the office, just to clarify, just in case there was a chance we could live without it. Twenty minutes was well worth it to hear the news officially: Cora can be wire-free except at night and when she's napping unsupervised! The boys and I literally did a little monitor-free dance. Thomas hung a drum around his neck and marched around the room. Henry danced and whooped. Then I disconnected her and said, "Watch this, boys! I'm going to pick her up and walk right out of this room!!" I cannot describe the bliss! We are celebrating in a big way. I will never again take this wireless life for granted!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more