Of Blogs and Daydreams

I have a confession to make. I've been daydreaming lately. A lot. I love where we are now--absolutely love it!--but it's no secret that this will most likely be our last year in a residential position. It's just getting more and more challenging to fit in a two-bedroom apartment and keep up with some of the challenges involved with being an RD and having a growing family. The planner (and daydreamer) in me has been busy imagining what kinds of things I can do in our next home to make it feel, well, like our home. I LOVE to stretch my creative muscles and make things out of nothing. I LOVE looking around at what we already have and making it into something new. I've been indulging myself lately during naps (and putting off the custom orders that I should be working on for my Etsy shop...) and browsing all kinds of great craft/home improvement blogs and tutorials. I'm so inspired! I needed a little bit of creative inspiration, actually. It energizes me. So many of the bloggers talk about the great things they've found at garage sales and thrift stores and re-worked into something new. I'm dying to get to some stores and see what treasures I can dig up! The really dangerous thing is that it couldn't come at a better time in the thrifty world: we had a rummage sale for my MOPS group yesterday, Kohl's has their grand opening in our town this week, and Goodwill has their 50% off sale this Saturday. Look out, world! I'm on the loose!

In order to give myself a clear picture of what I'm planning for our next house, I made myself some "mood boards." Now as I see things I can work toward a cohesive goal. Inspiring... and dangerous!

Our potential living room look:


Our kitchen:


Our bedroom (inspired by our favorite getaway together: to Mackinac Island):


Cora's room:


I don't have one posted for the boys because their room is already decorated with knights in armor. I LOVE how their room looks--in fact, it's the room I go in when I need to feel like I've done some kind of decorating in our current place.

It's great to have daydreams, but this post marks the end of my little obsession, at least for a while. Time to refocus on what's already in front of me...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more