My Moment

I just had a little moment all to myself. Not really, but I was clearly the only one laughing when it happened, and I just had to share it with someone. Micah was gone for bedtime tonight. In the best of times, that often spells disaster. Cora chose tonight to be especially, well, reflux-y. The boys also chose tonight to be especially, well, brotherly. We all sat on my bed, gathered around to read our Bible story. Henry was busy doing somersaults and flipping all over the bed, knocking things flying everywhere. Thomas was crying about... actually, I'm not sure what he was crying about. Most likely he'd caught a foot to his ear mid-cartwheel as Henry pole-vaulted around the room. I sat on the edge of the bed, monitor strapped to my back, cord wrapped around my legs, bouncing Cora as she screamed in my ear and arched her back. And all the while, I was reading a story about how "God hears you when you cry." Mid-paragraph, it dawned on me that I couldn't even hear myself reading, and that was when the irony of it all struck me. I laughed out loud, enjoyed a little moment to myself mid-chaos, and thanked God that someone could make out something in the midst of all the noise, and then carried on with bedtime. *Sigh*

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more