Honey-Did Lists

I am a list person. It probably stems from my nature as a planner. I literally have books full of lists: craft ideas, favorite quotes, things I'd like to do someday, things the kids have said.... I live by lists. In this particular life stage, they're especially essential. Besides liking to plan ahead, I find I can't remember anything lately. It's anyone's guess whether I'll remember to eat lunch, brush my teeth, or keep an appointment.

My lists used to be full of lofty goals of the things I had yet to accomplish for the day. A honey-do list to myself, so to speak. Those were the days... My lists still include some future goals: unpack from the weekend, catch up on laundry, take a walk in the rain with the kids, etc. But I would venture to guess that at least a third of my list these days includes things I've already done. Like today. I wrote a few future goals, like paying bills, catching up on Etsy orders, etc. But my list also included working out (don't get any big ideas--it made the "honey-did" list because it was such a rare event and I was proud of myself!), write thank you notes, read to the kids. What a sense of accomplishment to look at a long list and cross five things off, right off the bat! Mind games, I know. But these days, I need all the motivation I can get. So the honey-did list is here to stay. Hmmm... What else have I done today that I can add to my list...?

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more