September Snow Day

It all started this morning when I decided to wash our sheets. Henry found the pile of pillows and blankets in our room and decided he was on a "marshmallow mountain." Of course, the wheels in my head started turning, but for the life of me I couldn't come up with more than one or two marshmallow-related activities. So I put out feelers: "Do you think that looks like a snow bank, Henry? Thomas, do you want to wear a hat and mitts to play?" The seed was planted and another theme day was born.

As soon as I put Thomas' mitts on, he said, "Poof! I just threw a snowball at you!" They climbed a snowy mountain, made snow angels, caught flakes on their tongues... Henry even used the mirror to make a "sled" (and shrieked and hollered his way down an imaginary hill).







After a morning in the cold snow, of course, we needed some hot chocolate. Or warm milk with vanilla. Luckily, they don't know the difference...




And, finally, a craft: tiny September-sized snow men. Henry insisted on a hat for his. The boy has a way of stretching my creative skills...



Popular Posts

Archive

Show more