Snippets and Favorite Moments

The past few days have been filled with family moments.  We took a few days and headed up to Fort Wayne as a family.  We're staying with Micah's grandfather.  My grandparents have been visiting from Canada, so the kids have been able to visit with two sets of great-grandparents this weekend.  What a blessing that they are able to know them!

It's been a little busy, so I haven't had much time to post.  I wanted to take a minute out from the fun, though, and post just a few of my favorite moments.

The day we left Marion, we decided to take the kids to Karamel McKnutts, our local donut shop, for donuts.  Henry went in ahead of us and marched straight up to the counter (which he could barely see over).  He looked up at the girl working and said, "Hi!  I'd like to order two donuts, please.  I'll take a  chocolate icing donut with sprinkles and one with vanilla icing and sprinkles--for my brother and me.  I think my parents want something too."  She could barely keep from laughing as she took his "order."

Micah's parents have a dog who's almost taller than all of my kids.  He's a great dog: very gentle and obedient.  The kids love him and he would never do anything to hurt them.  But Cora intrigues him.  He can't seem to figure out why she crawls when the rest of us prefer to walk.  Every time she gets down on the floor to crawl, he comes over to sniff at her and follow her around.  She thinks it's great, but it makes her super-protective big brother nervous.  Yesterday she was crawling around when Bo approached to check her out.  Thomas jumped down from the couch where he was playing, put his little body between Cora and Bo, and with a hand in Bo's face, shouted, "No, Bo!  Leave my sister alone!  Back up, Bo!  Leave my sister!"

Henry woke up about an hour and a half before his siblings the other day at naptime.  He decided we both needed to exercise.  He grabbed my in-laws' 3 lb dumbbells and did several reps of different exercises.  He set the weights down and said, "Wow, Mommy, I think I feel a muscle right here on my arm!  I better keep working, because I want lots of muscles."  As he did exercises and stopped to tell me that he felt another muscle, it dawned on me that he thinks muscles are developed one at a time and that having "lots of muscles" means having several individual little muscles.  Finally, after a pretty intense workout, he said, "Whew, Mommy, where's the cool place?  I'm sure getting hot here!"    I laughed out loud, and he looked at me with a twinkle in his eye and said, "That was really funny, Mommy.  You should probably post that on your blog."

Back to the family fun...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more