The Luckiest Boy Ever

This weekend I was at Ikea with my mom and sister (bliss!).  While I was there, I spotted some little kid scissors.  I've been looking for a good pair for Henry for ages, so I picked them up.  They were a sound investment.  Scissors are big news around here, so I figured they'd be a hit.

Since the set came with two pairs, Thomas has been trying his hand at "scissoring" (as he calls it) too.  His approach consists of pinching the paper between the scissor blades and then tearing it, but he might as well be cutting out an intricate picture with it.  He's so proud of himself.  This morning he pinched and shredded piece after piece of paper.  Finally he looked up, beaming, and said,

"Mommy, am I the luckiest boy ever with these?"

If kid scissors are the measure of good fortune, then yes, yes you are.  I'm glad it doesn't take much.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more