Parting Thoughts

I love the last few minutes with the boys before they fall asleep.  We always snuggle with them for a little while.  I wish they didn't all share a room so I could let them talk more as they drift off.  They say the sweetest things!

Today the boys' cousin, Jaydn, sent them each a note in the mail.  They were the sweetest little notes about things he's looking forward to doing at Cousins' Camp this summer, or about how cute they are.  They were enthralled!  They read and re-read the notes all afternoon, and Thomas literally hugged his.  As Henry was falling asleep, he said, "Mom, I just really, really can't wait to see my big cousins, Jaydn and Natalie!"  I love the family dynamics!

A little while later, he rolled over and said, "Hey, Mommy, I'm going to give you a cannonball kiss."  He held his hand to his mouth, made a kissing sound, and then made a perfect cannonball sound as he blew it to me.  Leave it to a little boy...

He was almost asleep when he asked me dreamily, "Mommy, do you think you'll stay up tonight to watch the sky go down?  I just love watching that."

It reminds me of when he was little and he used to tell me that the sun set into the trees, or that the wind started there (since the branches were moving).  Preschoolers have such a poetic way of looking at the world.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more