Think Outside the Barn

Just a quick update to show you how I spent my day today:


Victory Acres, a local CSA, held their first annual "Think Outside the Barn" event today.  They held several classes teaching gardening, sustainability, and other aspects of local, organic growing.  They also brought in several local artisans/craftsmen/businesses to showcase some of what's available right here in our own area.  I was one of them.  I pulled all of my inventory from Freddie and Jane and spent a wonderful day [in the shadiest spot on the property!!!] with my mom.  It wasn't my  most profitable venture, but worth every moment.  I was proud to be a part of what I hope is an annual event that grows by the year.  There's just something about digging deep and getting involved in the community where you live, whether it's through events like today's, by buying local, or just by taking advantage of all that this little city has to offer.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more