Home Again

After spending the bulk of the past two weeks up in Fort Wayne, it's great to be home again!  The kids were all asleep when we got home last night, so they were excited to wake up in their own beds this morning.  Thomas headed straight for his new drum set (hello, neighbours!  Everyone knows we're back!), Henry pulled out all of his superhero toys and Cora's been T-R-O-U-B-L-E.  I left the table for a minute at breakfast and came back to find her little hand in my cereal bowl.  It was half empty, with a quarter of it sprinkled all over the floor around her high chair.  I think she misses my in-laws' dog, Bo.  By the time we left she was feeding him bites straight into his mouth from her high chair.  Needless to say, they were best buds.  A little while later I heard Thomas' panicked voice from the bathroom, "Moooommy!  Come quick!  Cora's in the toilet!"  There she was, hands in the water, splashing away. 

We've decided to change up our naptime routine starting today.  Cora's in her own crib (she's been outgrowing The Closet, anyway).  Thomas is sleeping in our room.  I built Henry a little "reading nook" in the multi-purpose living room closet.  He thinks it's great.  I pulled some chairs out of storage, added cushions from their room, tucked books into old diaper boxes, gave him a stack of craft supplies, turned on a clamp-on lamp and shut the door.  He couldn't be happier!  I hear pages turning in there, so it must be a success.

As for me, it's back to knitting.  Just a little over a week til the craft show and I have big plans for my shop inventory.  Back to normal, for sure.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more