Sick Babies and Sweet Moments

Cora spiked a fever overnight last night.  By the time she woke up this morning, the thermometer read over 103*.  Poor girl!  All she wants to do is curl up in my lap.  She's humming to herself and picking her head up once in a while to attempt a little smile.  It's so sad.

I didn't have to be asked twice to hold her and cuddle this morning.  Any parent of preschoolers knows that while you don't look forward to sick days, you appreciate the excuse to sit and cuddle.  As I sat there holding her, feeling her fevered little head against my arm, my mind traveled back to when the boys were her size.  I remember the first time Henry had a stomach bug.  He was about Cora's age, and he laid in my arms for hours.  I don't miss the sickness, but as he zipped around the room in Thomas' new Spiderman costume, I realized how quickly that time had passed.  I thought about the times when Thomas has been under the weather and wanted nothing more than to curl up in my arms.  I could rock my little ones for hours when they're sick!

I'm not rejoicing in a sick day, but I'm not sorry that today will be a day full of rocking and snuggling and soaking up the quiet.  Surrounded by 3-foot superheroes, of course.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more