To Do's and Today

Today has been an incredibly busy day.  Tomorrow I have a booth at my first craft fair, and I've been working away to build inventory and get everything ready to go.  Sunday is Thomas' third birthday.  As always, my goal is the most magical birthday party possible on a budget of $15 or less.  That, of course, requires some creativity and time.  I had a long to-do list for the week (and especially today), but somehow I managed to power through it and even knock off a couple of tomorrow's items.  Which left plenty of time for these:




Henry asked me to make them robot sandwiches for lunch.

It also left time for this:


Yes, that's a regular-sized bike trailer crammed full of kids.  They loved it!  Cora thought the bumpy ride was great and shouted the whole way to hear her voice shake.  The boys laughed and put up with the cramped quarters so well.  And Micah, who pulled all their combined weight...  He got the cycling workout of a lifetime!

We also had time for this:


Our campus is normally full of ducks and geese, but this was the only little family we could find.  The boys were still very excited.

Now we're making homemade sorbet, watching Kung Fu Panda together, and getting ready to hang out with one of our students.  It's been a good day overall, and I'm so glad it wasn't so full of "to do" that I missed out on these sweet little people.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more