Tea with the Girls

Today Cora had her first tea party.  We went to Aunt Sue's Tea Room, a local tea place, with our best girl friends, Brittani and Maggie.  I used to dream about outings like this, back in my boy-filled days.  What a sense of fulfillment to sit there with my best friend's little girl and my little girl sipping tea!  Not that Cora fully appreciated the experience.  Mostly she liked the ceiling fan behind her and the glass covered table that felt cool on her teeth.  But it was a blissful, girl-centered little morning.  Ahhh....  We are blessed with such wonderful friends.  I am eternally grateful for Britt, and so thankful that our kids are friends too.  Maggie was so sweet, sharing her toys with Cora, talking to her in the car, laughing at her antics.  She was so grown up sipping her tea from a child-sized tea cup and showing me all her favorite parts of the tea house.  And the owner of the shop got such a kick out of Cora in all her tea house finery that she took her on a little tour of the shop to show her off.  It was such a sweet little outing all around.  We are blessed indeed...

The four of us at Aunt Sue's.

Micah wanted a picture of us before we left.  I think Cora was excited.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more