Visions of Motherhood

I spent hours as a girl daydreaming about what kind of mother I'd be.  I'm happy to say I've lived up to a lot of the dreams I had for myself, at least on my better days.  There were a few things, however, that I never envisioned myself doing as a mom.  Near the top of the list: eating food in the bathroom.

This thought dawned on me today as I smuggled the last banana into the bathroom, closed the door, and ate it.  Today's secret snack happened to be healthy, but the bathroom is about the only place these days where I enjoy chocolate bars, cookies, or the kids' Easter candy.  I almost laughed out loud as I realized how ridiculous it really is.  It's not like I get the bathroom to myself most of the time anyway, but at least that door has a lock, which buys me time until Henry finds a quarter to pop the lock. 

I guess you could say I've exceeded my own expectations for how motherhood would change my life.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more