Cora Boundaries

The time has come.  The kids outnumber the adults around here, so I suppose it will save our sanity.  Today has been a rough nap day anyway, and Cora's idea of fun is to crawl around and drum on everything she can reach.  Or eat everything she can find.  Or shred every book she can pull off the shelf.  Yes, it's time...


I know.  It looks barbaric.  Don't judge me.  After all, it can't be any worse than sleeping in a closet.  I promise this fence was made for babies.  It does look like a kennel, though, doesn't it?


Yes, we've opened a new chapter.  For the sake of my sanity, her safety, and the boys' freedom of play, Cora has some new boundaries.  She, the only one of my three who puts everything into her mouth.  She, the one who forced us to go out and buy a new trash can because she loves to tip ours over and scrounge through the contents.  She, who is sweet as can be, but more ornery than any of my children at this age.  She has earned herself a new little play yard.

Don't worry.  She won't spend all of her time there.  Just a reasonable percentage of it.



And if you're wondering what she thinks of the plan, let me reassure you.  She thinks it's a wonderful adventure.  In fact, she's trying even now to figure out a way to climb the sides and bail over the top...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more