Snippets and Snapshots

I thought tonight I'd post a few of my favorite moments from the day.

We spent the afternoon today sorting through girl items I've been stashing away since before we had kids.  Some of them were gifts, some of them garage sale finds, and some of them early attempts at creating knitting patterns.  Henry had a blast oohing and aahing over every item and helping me hang them in the closet or fold them in Cora's drawer.  When we had everything neatly put away, I asked Micah if he could run the empty box (filled with a few diapers and some items that wouldn't fit in the right season) to storage.  I came out to the living room a few minutes later to find Henry sitting in the corner, looking very upset.  I asked what was wrong, and he said, "Cora's going to be very sad, Mommy!  Daddy took all her things back to storage and now she won't have any clothes to wear.  She's very upset, Mommy."  I was amazed at the protective instinct I saw on her behalf already.  I took him to the room to show him that we still had all her things out and ready, and asked him to pose with them for me. I have a feeling she'll be well-protected, although she may not date til she's 30 with two big brothers looking out for her!

Holding up some little shoes.
Cora's drawer, filled already with girlie things!
What do you think, Mom?
Cora's little corner of the closet, now split three ways.



Our guys have all been gone for spring break this last week, but today everyone moved back.  That meant supper with any of our staff that are around.  Our kitchen table is small, and we've been talking about upgrading to a larger one before our family grows more.  Tonight I think we set a new record for number of people seated around our table.  And, of course, our boys sat in the middle of it, eating up all the attention.  The boys consider the "guys" part of our family, and they always make the list when we pray for our family.  I love watching them together!










Finally, Micah is an avid Weird Al fan.  He's shown the boys clips here and there from the Weird Al Show (much to my chagrin...).  In one episode, Al sings a ridiculous song called, "Water is Wet."  Of course, Henry latched onto it and begged Micah to play it for him tonight--not once, but three times.  I just had to snap a picture of them all crowded around Micah's phone enthralled with the silly song.  And, no, Thomas is not wearing pants.  This is how he spent all but two hours of the day today.  Every time I turned around, he was pants-less again.  As we like to say around here, "Thomas, this is not COPS.  Put some pants on!"

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more