Boys and their fashion sense...



Last night I finished a little sweater I'd been working on for Henry (I told myself I had to finish any pending projects before I could start knitting for Cora...).  I was really happy with the result, but didn't figure my three-year-old would be all that excited about new clothes.  I should know my son better.  He was so flattered that I'd made it for him, "Oh, Mommy!  Thank you, thank you!  This is perfect!  It's wonderful!"

He ran from mirror to mirror for 20 minutes, admiring it from every angle.  He made Thomas ooh and aah over it.  I thought we'd reached the end of our fashion craze for the day until I told him my thought was that he could wear a tie under it.  "Oh, Mommy, we need a tie now!"  So he wore a tie over his root beer t-shirt and under his new black sweater.
He wouldn't stand up and pose once he spotted a tulip sprouting in front of him.


Of course, around here when one boy needs a tie, both boys need a tie.  Thomas asked for one too.  The first one I held up wouldn't do, but he settled for his brown and beige clip-on tie--a nice accent to his long-sleeved brown t-shirt.
Thomas posing with Archie, his dog blankie.


After quite some time, I asked Henry if he was ready to take the sweater off.  I should have known the answer would be "no."  So we went for our walk, Thomas in his t-shirt, tie, and running shoes, and Henry in his shirt, tie, sweater, and dinosaur boots two sizes too big.  I watched them run around and thought to myself, "I've never seen two boys with better fashion sense!"
The three of us, sitting on a wall "like Humpty Dumpties."

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more