Time Out and Potty Training

Now that Cora and I are home alone, she asked if we could start potty training again.  I figure if a kid can actually ask, she might really be ready.  Just a theory I'm working on...  I helped her onto the potty, went through the usual routine with no results, then put her in her little underwear (is there anything cuter??) and sent her on her way.  I said, "Now, Cora, when the timer goes, we'll try again." 

I busied myself in the kitchen and figured she'd gone off to play.  A few minutes later she came wandering in.  "I out of time out now, Mommy?  I try again?"

Poor girl!  I guess we haven't used timers enough.  She'd been sitting in the time-out chair, waiting for me to tell her she could try again.  *Sigh*  Let's hope there's no lingering negative association with time outs and potty training...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more