Sweet Shopper

Yesterday I took Cora shopping--nowhere exciting.  We tried Goodwill, but when they were closed we went to a local clothes shop.  We didn't spend a dime, but we strolled through the store chatting about everything under the sun.  She pointed out clothes that she liked and tried to convince me she had a puppy named Ruff-Ruff.  I talked to her about clothes for the boys to wear to school, about the virtues of gingham, and about how sweet she was being.  We got back to the car and I buckled her into her carseat, listening to her chatting the whole time.  As I drove home I watched her in the rear view mirror.  They never cease to amaze me at this age with the words they grasp and the depth of their personalities, and with the absolute certainty they seem to possess that the world revolves around them.

"Cora, I had fun with you."

"I have fun too, Mommy."

"I love shopping with you."

"Yeah.  I love shopping wif myself too."

In another year I'll cringe.  Last night it only added to the sweetness.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more