Double Married

Thomas, at bedtime, throwing his arms around me:  Mommy, I really hope I get to marry you!

Me:  Thank you, Buddy, but you won't be able to.  I'm already married.  Remember?  I'm already married to Daddy.

Thomas (sighing):  Well, maybe I can double marry you, then.


* I just had to follow up with an update.  We "got married" two days later, which means Thomas led me by the hand to a spot under a tree where we danced together.  After twirling and spinning hand in hand, he looked up at me and beamed "Now we're married!  Time for the feast!"  We headed to the front steps for our "feast," and drank pretend hot chocolate while Henry blew bubbles and Cora twirled.  With the exception of my real wedding, it was quite possibly the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen.  I am happy to be "double married."

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more