Snippets

Today both boys started school (well, preschool and school...).  I feel like I should probably post about it, and I have a thousand thoughts and memories about it.  But I posted a full album of photos for those who are facebook friends and I feel like yet another back to school post is overkill...

So instead I'll post a funny little story about Cora.  She spent her morning shopping at the dollar store with me (that girl does love to shop!), decorating for the boys, baking muffins, and snuggling on the couch with me.  Probably a perfect first day at home alone!  But on to our story...

Someone (until now unconfessed...) had written on our white fireplace a couple of weeks ago.  I always see it when I sit down on the couch, but forget to clean it by the time I get up.  Today I finally remembered and got to work scrubbing it.  Cora came up behind me and said innocently, "You not like that color, Mommy?  You not like Tora's coloring anymore?" 

Aha!  I asked if she had done it.

"I did, Mommy.  You not like it?"

"Where do we color, Cora?"

She had been beaming, but she scowled at me and said, "On paper.  I so sorry, Mama."

I scrubbed as much as I could but couldn't get the streak off, although it is lighter.  It bothers me a little less, though.  I'm not sure if it makes me smile more that she thought I would like her coloring, or that she admitted she shouldn't have done it.  Or maybe it's that she used my favorite color.  Either way, I find myself better able to live with the streak... at least until I can dig out the paint.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more