The Stuff of Sit Coms

Here is just a sampling of some of the things I've found myself saying today (and it's just now noon!). Sometimes I have to stop and laugh in the midst of the chaos--and try to imagine I'm living in a sit com.

"That fire truck is not a skateboard. If you ride it across the living room again, I will take it away."

"Please don't put a cup over your sister's mouth when she's crying. If it's too loud for you, you can move to another room."

"You didn't make a mess, you just peed on the floor a little, Thomas. Can I put you in a diaper now, or are you still sure you need underwear?"

"Please don't build a barricade with trucks in front of the door. Facilities is coming to fix our light, and they need to get in somehow. At least build it in front of another door."

"You can't put the brakes on the stroller while I'm pushing. This thing is hard enough to push without brakes."

"Why are you riding in the stroller basket? There are two seats that work just fine. At least keep your hands out from under my feet, please."

"You didn't make a mess on Henry's bed. You just spit some water out. Here, lay on your stuffed animal--see, now it feels dry."

"Yes, Cora's in a snuggly. No, we're not going anywhere. I'm just trying to keep her from crying."

"You can't wear my shoes out. Please go find your own so we can go outside."

"I can't eat any more pretend food right now. I'm for real hungry and I need some real food. I'll be back to pretend I'm hungry again later."

"No, you don't need any of Cora's formula. You tried it yesterday and didn't like it. You can have your own milk--you're not a baby."

"Did you just make a cross out of bowling pins? That's...actually pretty good! Tell me again about Jesus, Henry..."

"You can't drive your car on the computer keyboard. I'm sorry, find another road, please."

"I know you need me, but I only have two arms and there are two kids in front of you in line. You're going to have to wait your turn."

"Do you want your tattoo on your chest or on your foot?"



*Sigh* It's at least a little funny... right?

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more