Parenting to Spare

I returned to the living room after tucking Cora this morning to find Thomas sitting by himself in the "timeout chair." I asked what he was doing, to which Henry answered, "I'm teaching him how to share, Mommy." I looked at Thomas to get his version of the story. He shrugged and said, "Henny say one, two, three! Then Henny say, 'Sit in that chair, Tonnis. Come out when you say sorry.'"

I tried to explain that it was my job to discipline, but thank you kindly, Henry, for taking it upon yourself to raise a respectful brother. I told Thomas he needed to share and be nice, and thanked him for cooperating with Henry's finishing school curriculum. And then I tried not to laugh and dread what Cora has in store with TWO spare parents to raise her right.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more