Man of Many Names

I realized last week mid-week that it had been days since I'd called Thomas by his real name.  He usually decides on a character in the morning, and, for the most part, stays in that character for the remainder of the day.  Everything he says, does, and eats is filtered through that character, and he will only answer to that name.  So far these past two weeks, I've spent my days with Optimus Prime, Lightning McQueen, Mater, Finn McMissile, Hercules, Spiderman, Batman, Commissioner Gordon, Bert from Mary Poppins, Tintin, Snowy, Moses, Aaron, a construction worker, and a librarian.  I'll admit, I'm having  a hard time remembering who I'm talking to, but I love the creative answers he gives when I'm talking to him.  It's like living with my own Daniel Day Lewis.  It's just too bad we went to such great lengths to pick out a name we liked for him...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more