Wrecking Ball Earrings

I've been feeling less than feminine lately. Call it new baby, life with all boys (like 250 of them!), tight budget, whatever. But every ounce of "girlie" that I used to love about myself has been gone. So I'm making an effort to revamp my wardrobe (mostly using things I already have if I can) and add some frills and ruffles. The other day I found some really pretty pearl earrings on clearance for $4. They were the perfect complement to a pearl necklace I've had for years. I wore an embroidered bead headband and my pearls and felt, dare I say it, girlie. Then Henry happened.

"Mom, these are pretty nice earrings!"

"Thanks, Henry. I liked them. I just got them and thought--"

"Yeah, they kind of look like wrecking balls."

And just like that, the girlie is gone.




Speaking of, one of these may be my next "free time" project:


Popular Posts

Archive

Show more