Sewing, Sewing, Sewing...

If there's one craft that's never been my strong suit, it's sewing.  Still, I get lofty ideas from time of time about the things I'd love to make (and I'm just sure I'd save us a fortune if I gave it a shot).  Nine times out of ten, my ideas for sewing fall flat.  But lately, I've been met with some rare success!  The only sense of accomplishment greater than making something you can use is making something you can use when you don't expect it to turn out!  I (almost) feel like an accomplished seamstress!

Here are the promised pics of my cardigan.  This is the project that began with my $1.50 and $2.00 PINK Halloween shirts (wish I'd taken before pics--they were hideous!).

The ultra-girlie cardigan:





My sister gave us an adorable dress that her daughter wore.  You can see part of it here:

The only problem was that it's too small.  She was a little short on dresses anyway, so last night around 9:30 pm I decided she absolutely needed a new dress (in time for Thanksgiving, of course!).  Luckily I had bought some flannel a while back for Henry's Can't-Quite-Let-Go quilt and didn't use it.  Also luckily, I live in a residence hall and it was 1 am before we went to bed.  Just enough time to make this:

Complete with pintucking, ruffles, and plenty of Cora-ish detailing.  She will, of course, be sporting it tomorrow.  I'm so excited!



And, finally, my last sewing project: Thomas' Can't-Quite-Let-Go quilt.  He is so excited!  The whole time I worked on Henry's quilt, I told Thomas he'd get one once he was big enough to outgrow the clothes I wanted to use.  He takes the fact that I'm working on his as a sign that he's all grown up.  Any reference to the quilt usually sends him into a dance around the room, shouting, "Woohoo!  A quilt!  I'm a bigger boy now!  Woohoo!"

Here is the work very much in progress:


Ahhh...  Crafting bliss!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more