Decking the Halls

Today was the day.  The boys have been begging for Christmas lights and Christmas trees.  Today we gave in.  We didn't put up all of the decorations, but we set up the tree and hung the kids' stockings.  There are no words to describe the excitement level around here this afternoon!



Our family has a little tradition.  Each year, we get one ornament for each of the kids to represent that year.  This year budgets were extra tight, so we gave the kids ornaments that didn't cost us anything.  I love it!
Henry learned to read and write this year, so we made a little composition notebook.  He wrote some words in it and drew pictures of all of us.  He was super excited!


Thomas is in the process of potty training, so, of course, boxers seemed fitting.  I found some adorable ones on Etsy, but they were $7 and up.  I could buy 3 pairs of real underwear for him for that! Instead, I took some leftover fabric from his "Can't Quite Let Go" quilt (which is in the works) and made some tiny boxers.


Cora had some adorable little sandals that she wore all summer.  They were so sweet and I couldn't bear to part with them anyway.  As I was racking my brain to come up with an ornament idea for her, it occurred to me that they would be a wonderful "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament.  I love seeing them on the tree (and remembering those tiny painted toes)!


Ahhh...  Nothing like taking in the lights, listening to Christmas music, and sipping a gingerbread latte while I snuggle my kids...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more