On Housework and Other Priorities

I have a confession to make.  Housework has been kicking my behind lately.  Someday, if I get brave enough, I'll post a picture to show you just how much it's been beating me.  Or you could ask any one of the 200+ guys who live with us.  I'm sure they know it well.  It's just that there's so much else I'd rather do.  It took me three full weeks to find the bottom of our hamper recently (it didn't help that I had to wash and tumble a few loads twice, since I always seem to "forget" there's laundry in the works...), and even then, it took one day--24 hours--for the clothes to be overflowing again.  The dishes are currently taking over our kitchen, and the vacuuming, well...  But who wants to do housework when there are adventures to be had?  The boys are set on having a rocket theme day.  As I type (I know, why am I not doing laundry while Thomas and Cora sleep?), Henry's playing in our newly-created space ship.  We just made astronaut armbands and we have plans for so many other things to do this afternoon.  And then there are the crafts...  Custom orders for my Etsy shop have been in no short supply, so I guess I have legitimate reason to spend time knitting.  But aside from that, there are about 15 other projects I'm itching to get into.  *Sigh*  Maybe we need hired help around here, so I can be a full-time mom and crafter.  Since that doesn't seem to be an option, though, maybe I'd best set the laptop down and get something productive done while two out of my three kiddos are quiet.  Time to find the bottom of the hamper again, even if it's only to glance at it for a brief second before it's lost again...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more