We knew this day would come...

It's a sad, sad day in our house.  Today I admit defeat.  After trying for over an hour to get Henry to sleep, the truth we've been hoping to ignore finally set in: he will no longer be napping every day.  I've been laying down with him for 10-15 minutes at naptime.  I admit, it was partly because I loved the excuse to lay there with him.  He would sleep for an hour or two if I could just get him to lay still long enough.  But 10 minutes has become 15 has become 20 has become...  Today it was a full hour.  And he still wasn't asleep.  So we made a deal.  If he would read quietly in his bed until 1:30, he didn't have to sleep.  Thankfully, we've been teaching him to tell time so that he stays in his room until 7:00 am (a HUGE improvement from our usual 5:30 or 6:00 wake-up calls!).  Today he kept reading until almost 1:45, and then he got up only because Thomas woke up.  I'd been reluctant to give up a rest time altogether (hey, it's a break for me as much as it is for them!), but I think I can be at peace about our little reading arrangement.  Now to find a place to tuck Cora for her naps in a few months...  Sad, sad day.  I'm one of those moms with kids old enough to not need a daily nap.  How did this happen!?

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more