Innocent Proposal

Me:  Henry, some of our guys are graduating and getting married this summer.
Henry:  I wish I could get married too when I graduate.
Me:  Well, maybe you can, if you meet someone you love very much.
Henry:  I love you very much, Mommy.  Maybe I could marry you.
Me:  I'm already married, but thank you...
Henry:  I love Thomas.  I could marry him.
Me:  We don't marry brothers or sisters.
Henry:  Um, I think Daddy loves me... 
Me:  We only marry friends, Henry.  Not family.
Henry:  Maggie's my friend!  I'll marry her when I grow up!  When we get to the park, I will ask her and she will say, "Yes!"

Five minutes later at the park, the proposal went something like this:
"Maggie, when we're grown-ups, will you marry me?"

Not sure if I'm happy or heartbroken that her answer was a resounding, "Yes!"  They grow up so fast...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more