Sweet, Sweet Laundry

Laundry has been one of those chores I've dreaded for so long.  The piles grow and grow until they become overwhelming.  I finally tackle the washing and folding, and then the number of items to be put away feels overwhelming.  These are absolutely "first-world problems"--I'm very thankful for several outfits each, for a washer and a dryer--but keeping up with this has been, well, a chore.  A few weeks ago we were at Costco when we noticed that their Downy fabric softener was on sale for the same price as the generic brand.  For much of our marriage I haven't used fabric softener at all.  It was a luxury we could do without, and so we did.  When I have used it, it's always been the generic brand.  But when it was the same price...  Too tempting to pass up!  Without being melodramatic or overstating things, it has transformed laundry for me!!  Everything smells so good and feels so soft!  I've had the laundry caught up and I've enjoyed folding it!  I catch whiffs of it all day long, and I can't get enough.  For goodness' sake, I'm looking for things to wash, just to keep that beautiful scent in the air!  As if the number of italics aren't enough to make a point, I am in love with laundry!  Micah has long been promising, as I've trudged through the piles of laundry, that if he was ever the one to stay home, he would be more than glad to take over laundry duties.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I almost don't want him to.  Oh, the difference the little things make...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more