Celebrating like Grown-Ups

This afternoon I was offered a position in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit I used to work in (yahoo!!!).  For so many reasons I won't describe just now, this is more perfect than I could have imagined!  We decided to celebrate as a family, and made plans to go to a "real" restaurant for supper.  There was much debate and moaning and pleading for McDonald's from the back seat, but we held fast.  It was grown-up dining or bust.  Finally, Thomas heaved a sigh and said, "When I'm a grown up and I get a job, I'm taking my family out for supper to celebrate.  Only we're going to McDonald's and we're all getting Happy Meals.  Even my wife.  That's how we'll celebrate."

This moment has now been documented so that I can remind him of it in about fifteen years when he decides, instead of Happy Meals, to celebrate like a grown-up.  Or maybe he'll prove me wrong after all.  Either way, I'll take my O'Charley's celebration supper any day!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more