Midnight Rambling

Thomas stumbled into our room late last night as we were getting ready for bed.  He's always a little incoherent when he wakes up in the middle of the night.  He flopped down on our bed and moaned and cried, like he wasn't sure if he was going to die or needed to pee.  I finally sent him into the bathroom, where he apparently got his second wind.  He chattered away about who-knows-what, then suddenly said, "I think after this I'll exercise for a little bit!"  We both shouted, "No!"  He went right on talking a mile a minute for what seemed like forever.  Finally, he stumbled out of the bathroom and came over to my side of the bed.  He looked at me very seriously and said, "Mom, why would a person put propellant spray on cupcakes?"  Trying my best to keep a straight face, I told him I had no earthly idea why and sent him off to bed.

You never know what's going to be said at ten o'clock at night...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more