Back 40 and Bliss

After the challenges of yesterday, I wanted to post the epilogue to my rock-bottom day. Today was wonderful. Not to exaggerate, but I think I am finally starting to get my kids back. We haven't seen Thomas -- cute, charming, impetuous Thomas-- since this whole transition came about. But he is slowly settling back in and so are we. Our house is positioned on a double lot. The back lot, or "Back 40,"I as we call it, is partially wooded and goes on forever. It's quite honestly a little boy's dream come true. We've had lots of adventures out there, and the coming years will hold many more. Today the Back 40 was taken over by pirates. They sailed in a box ship, and even picked up a tiny pigtailed mermaid in their travels. They followed the treasure map Henry had drawn to find the "treasure" I'd hidden amongst the trees-- rocks, twigs, and magic nuts and seeds from the yard. It was the kind of day I really needed, and I feel refreshed and thankful to feel like I have my sweet little three (and aptitude for motherhood) back again!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more