We Have Touch Down

My blog posts will be short and sweet these days as my internet access is limited to Micah's phone. I just wanted to update all of you who are no doubt on pins and needles wondering about our Great Uprooting/Replanting. We moved out during the ONLY thunderstorm of the summer (which prolonged the process by a solid couple of hours and totaled several of our boxes). We arrived safely at our new home after what felt like a super-quick drive. The kids were so excited to explore their new house.Their favorite was the two-sided staircase; a perfect spot to jump from! We knew when we walked thru the house that that feature would get plenty of superhero-inspired action. We've been camping out for a couple of days, sleeping on air mattresses and living with the basics. Our moving truck came a day early today so we've been chipping away at the unpacking. New friends are coming tomorrow to help us unload, as well as our first visitors, my parents. We've met several neighbors and absolutely love this neighborhood. Even mostly empty the house feels like a home. We're hoping and praying we'll get all the paperwork lined up and make it official and final soon. Two highlights of the day: I washed all my new dishes--a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law-- and LOVE how they look in our built-ins! I also discovered a cabinet in the basement lined with a newspaper from 1911! How cool! Oh, and Cora and I found our way to the store and home without getting lost. Now time to unwind and rest before another full day ...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more