Ink Bullet

I just pulled a load of laundry out of the dryer--the kind of load that you tumble once or twice to put off folding.  As the clothes fell into the laundry basket I heard a, "Plink!"  Oh no, I thought, What ended up in that load?  My heart sank when I saw pieces of an ink pen.  The cap and outside body of the pen were tucked in among the clothes, which meant the rest of the pen (including the tube that held the ink) had to be in there somewhere.

I've never folded laundry with such trepidation, especially since the load contained my husband's favorite t-shirt and shorts in addition to the unaccounted-for pen.  I pulled out each piece of clothing and looked at it nervously.  Piece after piece came up with no ink spots.  I got all the way to the bottom of the pile before I finally found the last pieces of the pen, still intact.  I'm still not sure how it made it through the spin cycle in the washer and a couple of times tumbling in the dryer without any ink leaking out.  Whew!  It's like dodging a little ink bullet!

Needless to say, I'm never sure what's going to show up in my laundry loads with three kids who love to "help" add things to the washer.  Just glad this one didn't result in a bluey-grey mess!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more