Husband of the Year Award

My husband gets the Husband of the Year Award!  The nasty stomach bug that's been making its rounds around here found our family the other day.  It was Cora first.  She was the happiest little sick baby I've ever seen.  Then last night the kids were up every hour through the night.  Finally in the middle of the night, Thomas got sick.  He was the one I suspected to be next.  It wasn't long before I joined him.  I had high aspirations of taking care of three kids--one sick, one a baby recovering from sickness, and one healthy (not sure which is worse!)--on my own while I was sick, since Micah had a busy day.  But as the morning wore on, it became very clear that that wasn't going to be possible.  So he took the day off, shut me in my room and told me to sleep and took care of the kids.  He held Thomas as he got sick, rocked a very fussy Cora, took time to sit on the floor and play with a neglected Henry, and checked in on me to make sure I was doing OK.  He's my hero.  I think the tide is finally starting to turn.  Thomas and I are lounging on the couch.  Cora's jabbering and seeming more like her happy little self.  And Henry's entertaining Micah with goofy antics and tricks.  I'm hoping and praying the last two little ones escape this one.  Micah's gone on staff retreat all weekend and needs to be healthy.  Henry's been washing his hands every few minutes, so short of running out of hand soap, he's doing everything he can to stay healthy.  So incredibly grateful for a husband who put everything else aside to get us through this nasty little bug.  Let's hope it's the last for a long while!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more