Farewell, 3725 Broadway


Today it finally happened. We sold our house in Fort Wayne!  This is the thing we've been praying for (pleading for!) for 2 1/2 years.  I don't think the reality has completely sunk in, and it probably won't seem very real until we see our names on the paperwork in another month.  But that was our home for 4 years.  We loved it there!  This may be the last time I can post and talk about "our house," so I thought I'd take a little trip down memory lane (I seem to be doing that a lot lately!) to remember the house as it used to be. I can't wait to drive by and see what kind of life it takes on from here!


The view from the front of the house.


This was probably my favorite angle of the house--the view from the side street.  I always thought it looked like an old English cottage or something.


The living room.  This picture must have been taken several years ago before we had kids.  By the time we moved it looked a little less adult-like!


The dining area between the living room and kitchen.  This picture was pulled from our real estate listing so you don't get to see what it looked like when we lived there.  Guess I should have made a point of getting more thorough pictures of everything before we moved out!


I LOVED this kitchen!  The red walls, the white cupboards, and the tile counter our dads helped us install.  Not to mention all that light from the windows...



Yes, the washer and dryer were in the kitchen.  Not the prettiest, but actually pretty practical.  I loved that ironing board cupboard too.  Who has a cupboard just for that?  You can see just a bit of the den/play room through the doorway.  I couldn't find any good pictures of it either, so you'll have to use your imagination.


Our room.  I loved these soothing green walls!  This picture was also taken before we had kids.  The comforter looks a little more "lived on" these days!  By the way, we replaced the carpet soon after these pictures were taken.  When we moved there were several layers of pink and purple wallpaper, and pink carpet to match.  Our carpet was a nice, neutral color.


This window probably had my favorite view: out onto the side gardens and the historic neighbourhood we lived in.


Our bathroom.  I loved all that storage!


The guest room back before we had kids.  Notice Apollo, our cat, curled up on the bed.  We had another cat named Zeus too.


We changed the bed out for a crib and nautical decorations when Henry was born.


Our "dream bathroom."  We finished remodeling it just before we moved out, complete with jacuzzi tub!


The patio.  It ran the full depth of the house.  We used to love grilling and eating out here!

And there you have it, our old house.  We had such great memories there, but we're so glad to see someone else come along to love it like we did.  We're thankful for the time we had there, but also thankful to see this chapter in our lives closed!  One parting picture, just for fun.  Micah took this several years ago, and it's still one of my favorite shots from our house.  This was my vantage point many mornings as I played with the kids on the floor!


Farewell, Old House!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more