Blessed

I just have to say, I am overwhelmed at the blessing of friendship!  I've prayed and longed for years to have the kind of friends that you just "do life" with.  I thought maybe it was the stuff of myths, because it seemed to elude me.  And then we moved to Marion.  I can't begin to describe the supportive community that surrounds me!  What a gift!

Tonight I needed groceries.  Obviously, driving was out of the question with my right leg wrapped up, so I called my best friend, Brittani.  It's a little sad, but we were both giddy at the prospect of getting out of the house together, even if it was to go to the grocery store.  While we shopped, we talked.  In between picking up coffee filters and looking for infant Tylenol, we shared the journeys we're on, both the good and the bad.  It's amazing to go through incredibly dark valleys together.  Sometimes hers is the shoulder I cry on.  Sometimes she cries on mine.  Life is not easy, and it's not always filled with the things we'd hoped for.  But how amazing that God places those "Jonathans" in our life who meet us in the darkest, most desperate places and help us find strength in Him.  And what a blessing to laugh--really laugh--when times are good.  What a gift to look at her children and love them like family.  Or to hear my own children lifting hers up in prayer. Tonight I am thankful--more than I can say!-- for the gift of friendship.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more