Bright and Rainy Day

It may be thundering and pouring rain outside, but as far as I'm concerned today is a SUNNY day around here!  I've been fighting the good fight for days around here as the kids tested every limit and boundary and pushed me just about to my breaking point.  I will neither confirm nor deny the rumor that I finally locked myself in the bathroom yesterday, cried, and called my mom just to hear another adult voice...  But we have survived, and the tide has turned.  Today, instead of fighting (or struggling to hold my ground), we've enjoyed each other.  We've read books, snuggled, played pretend, finished building their superhero hideout, played board games...  Good days are one thing, but good days on the heels of some very bad days...  they're like a new lease on life!

Which leads me to my most recent sweet moment today.  Cora saw me sitting in a chair.  She ran over, heaved her little self up into the seat with more effort than I would have expected, huffing and puffing.  She scrambled up into my lap, hands sticky from her snack, nose running.  I wasn't sure what she was up to, but she looked me in the eyes, smiled triumphantly, and said, "Kiss?"  She pulled me face toward hers and planted a sweet, slimy, sticky kiss on my cheek.  It was perfect.

All I can say is thank you, Lord, for a break in the battles, for the strength to fight them through to the end, and for a day to enjoy my sweet three.  I've needed this!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more