Quotable Moments

The kids never fail to make me laugh. They had some great moments today.

We went outside to play in the yard.  The kids were bundled to the hilt, but wanted to swing on the tire swings.  All three kids held on tight and swung around in circles.  I pushed them slowly since I knew mittens made it hard to grip and Cora tends to let go when she gets excited.  I turned for one minute, and heard, "Mommy!  Quick!"  I turned back around to see Cora dangling by her little arms, legs slipped through the middle of the tire, giggling away.  She finally let go and fell the few inches to the ground landing in a little heap.  She thought it was the best ride she'd ever taken on the swing.  We lasted outside for another twenty minutes until she wandered toward the house saying, "Inside? Inside?"  It was COLD!

Henry made bows and arrows for the boys out of Tinker Toys.  They played with them all day.  Thomas held his up, asking Henry whether he had it working the right way or not.  Henry shrugged and said, "Well, you could do it like that.  But I think if you turn it around like this it's a little bit more classical."

I told the boys I was making macaroni and cheese for supper.  They groaned and said, "Again?" I held up my hands and told them to settle down, it was the boxed kind.  Thomas dropped the toys in his hands.  "Really?  From a box?  Mommy, that's my favorite kind!"  He threw his little arms around me and hugged me, "Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mommy!"

We went to the hardware store tonight to pick up some lit wreaths for our window.  As we were waiting in line, Thomas noticed a boxed mouse trap.  It was made out of recycled plastic and had a recycling symbol on the box.  He studied it for several minutes, and then said in a loud voice, "Mommy!  This says you can recycle mice!"  Everyone around us in the store laughed.

We had a family dance party after supper.  We were dancing away to all kinds of jazzy, upbeat Christmas songs.  Henry was spinning and flipping, Thomas was trying out his new break dancing moves, and Cora was swinging her little hips.  Just before bedtime, The Prayer came on.  We told them this was a slow song, and asked if they could dance slowly.  Cora dropped to her little knees and laid down on the floor.  The boys dove onto the floor, threw their little arms around her, and snuggled.  Best slow dance I've ever seen.

It's been a good day.  I'm glad it was slow enough that I could stop and listen to the things they were saying.  I love these three sweet little people...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more