Completion

I contemplated what to call this post. I typed, "Completion," and then deleted it once or twice. But the truth is, it's a fitting title. Not that our lives weren't full before Cora. But we've always known there was something missing. There was just one more story to be written through our family and, until now, we were incomplete without her. It dawned on me today, when Micah and the boys came up to the hospital to visit us. All 5 of us crowded on the hospital bed, reading books and snuggling. I looked around at all of the faces I love most in the world and sighed. I couldn't help it. We were all here--finally!

Cora was born on Wednesday at 7:20 pm. She arrived safe and sound and everything was uncomplicated for both of us. I loved seeing how nervous Micah was for both of his "girls." I can't wait to see the bond that develops between him and his little daughter! My goal was to have her before bedtime. We stretched the definition of "bedtime" by a bit, but the boys were able to come up that same night to meet their sister. They were enthralled! Henry walked right up to her, oohing and aahing over how cute she was, saying over and over again how much he loved her. Thomas held back a little bit--until they took her to the warmer bed to check her blood sugar. He took a frantic look around, then said, "Where's Dora?" He insisted on being lifted up to watch her and make sure she was OK. He had a hard time leaving when it was finally time to go home, and asked to come back and pray with her before they left the hospital. Yes, this little girl will never be lacking in attention or protection!

Tonight we go home. I don't think we'll make it by bedtime, no matter how late we stretch it. We'll go back to our "old house" for now, to give us some time to recover. This is the house all three of our kids have come home to, so it seems right that we would take her there, to her little wooden boat cradle. Once we're rested and ready, we'll head back to our home-home. I can't wait to show it to her, or have the guys--the other half of her "family"--back again! *Sigh* It really is a feeling of completion, and I am so blessed and grateful!


Popular Posts

Archive

Show more