Cora's Corner

The "girl corner" in our room--the one little space with bluebirds and flowers in my boy-filled world--is slowly but surely becoming a corner for a little girl.  We set up the crib several weeks ago, hung a little vintage dress above her bed, and made a little bird mobile.  Today I made some crib sheets for her (and a little newborn skirt with the scraps!).  I bought a cuckoo clock I'd been drooling over for months, and hung all her hair accessories from an old belt (which, sad to say, wouldn't have fit me for months anyway...).  I'm so excited about the result!  I can't wait to bring my daughter home to the space we've created just for her.  Here's a sneak peak of what awaits her:

Cora's little corner of the world.



The beautiful, vintage-like fabric I found for her sheets.
Her bird mobile.  Henry insisted she needed cardinals--his favorite.
Her adorable (and silent) cuckoo clock.

One of my favorite pieces: a vintage dress my mother-in-law bought for her.
Look at all those hair things!  I can't wait to try them on her!
Her second set of sheets.  I have a small (large!) gingham obsession...

The tiny newborn skirt I made out of scraps.
The boys LOVE her corner.  I can just picture them on step stools looking in on her as she sleeps.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more