Back in the Saddle

Today I started back to work. I was greeted by a cheery sign in my office, and felt very loved all through the day. It was a wonderful, warm welcome. I had just shy of 500 emails waiting for me, but by the end of the day I had addressed all of them. It was a far more productive start than I expected! I worked hard, and by mid-day I could feel the fatigue and the old symptoms beginning in earnest. By 2 pm I knew that if I didn't leave soon, I'd have pushed too hard. I came home and went straight to bed, sleeping like a rock for about an hour until Micah and the kids got home. Micah has some training for several hours this evening, so the kids and I have been plugging along at home. I'm a bit of a zombie, but we've gotten through the usual supper, packed lunch, homework, and hangout routine and we're preparing to wind down. All in all, I can't complain. Tomorrow will tell if I pushed too hard today!

It was great to be back with my co-workers again. I've missed seeing them, and missed my job. I was reminded all over again today of the great team with which I work. I have some great people to lean on as I figure out what all of this looks like for me moving forward...



Popular Posts

Archive

Show more