A Valentine/Life Has Been a Challenge Gift

Micah and I don't always exchange Valentines' Day gifts--in fact, most years we haven't. And I'm good with that. But this year the holiday coincided with all the other things happening in life, and he really wanted to do something special.

Back when all of this started with my legs and other symptoms, we spent a lot of time talking about "what do we do if..." Two of the things I enjoy most are hiking and riding bikes, and so much of our early conversation revolved around how we could still find a way to do those two things, even if I didn't have the stamina or strength to do them as we always had before. We joked about buying a bright yellow tandem bike, so that I could ride along behind him while he did all the work. I actually saved a picture of a tandem bike, and it became kind of a symbol to me, a visual reminder that we would find creative solutions, and find them together.

As we sat in the emergency room on Sunday, Micah was trying to find ways to keep my mind off of what was happening. "Do you want to see what I got you for Valentines' Day?" I nodded. He held out his phone with a picture of the gift. I cried.

CANVAS // Tandem Bike // Where You Go I Go  //  Wall Decor, Home Decor, Gift, Anniversary, Wedding, Marriage, Family, Bike Art, Art Print
In one gift, he found a way to say it all. This picture will always bring a lump to my throat--and a smile to my face.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more