Graffitti

Tonight I was standing outside, having a very civilized conversation with my neighbor. All of a sudden, in the middle of my sentence, I looked up and noticed the post for our pergola. I stopped mid-word and said, "I'm really sorry. I just noticed the chalk drawings on our post." We both turned to look. There, in bright yellow chalk, was the word, "Butt," and a perfect drawing of one, and the word "Poo" with a lumpy scribble under it. It was so ridiculously rude and absurd that I couldn't help laughing out loud. Without missing even a beat, my neighbor said, "The artwork really enhances it too," and we went right back to our conversation.

Until that point, my favorite chalk drawing of the day had been the one of Cora with a blob on her head, a dotted line leading to it, and the words, "bird poo" on our front walkway.

The kids will not be drawing with chalk again this week.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more