Accolades

I have a confession: I haven't cleaned our bathroom cabinet mirror in three weeks. Actually, there are a number of contributing factors (not least among them the fact that I've barely cleaned the rest of the bathroom in three weeks...). I don't think this picture does it justice, but some time around three weeks ago, one of the kids took the time to draw a portrait of me in the steam on the mirror. It's a stick figure, crazy-haired, crazy-eyed face with an arrow and the word, "Mom." I was so flattered I haven't been able to bring myself to clean it. It makes me smile every day when I step out of the shower.

There's not a lot of glamour in my role as a mom. I knew this up front. But I live for the little moments of recognition and honor. Having my face immortalized in a steamy bathroom mirror. My name etched for all the world to see in sidewalk chalk graffiti. Lush bouquets of dandelions heaped at my feet.

If there are greater accolades out there, I've never heard of them.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more