Cora and the Lunch Hour

On the way home from school: Mom, can I tell you something? It happened to one of my friends at school today. At snacktime we had milk, and, Mom she got too fancy with her milk and it spilled all over her and she had to go to the bathroom and take off her own clothes and wear school clothes and she wasn't really upset, but my teacher was. She was just too fancy with her milk, Mom.

---

At lunch, making pictures out of her tortilla chip pieces: Look at this one! It's a sculpture.

Me: Is it a sculpture of something specific, or is it abstract?

Cora: No, it's something. What do you think it looks like, Mom?

Me: Do you want me to say what I think it is? Umm, it looks like either a Christmas lightbulb or maybe a plant.

Cora: Or maybe an ice cream? Because that's what it is. It's the ice cream the Statue of Liberty holds, in her hand.

Me: Oh! I guess I never noticed that she holds ice cream, but you're right! Your sculpture looks just like hers.


Cora wants me to add that she gobbled it right up. I'm supposed to say specifically, "I ate it." I love days off with this girl.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more