The Drop

Henry's birthday party with his friends is coming up this weekend. One of his friends lost his invitation, so Henry asked if he could take a note to school with the details. I wrote it out and he worked out a time to make the exchange with his friend, since they aren't in the same class this year.  They talked about handing off the note at "second breakfast" (which is what my kids call the school breakfast, since they have breakfast at home), but his friend said he wouldn't be at breakfast today because they were serving Nutrigrain bars (apparently not a favorite). So the date and time was set for tomorrow morning at second breakfast.

Henry saw his friend as they lined up for school this morning, played with him at recess, and saw him after school.

As I was making my coffee this evening, I noticed the note I'd written sitting on our fridge. I asked Micah, "Didn't Henry take the note in today?"

"No, they arranged to make the drop tomorrow at breakfast."

"Didn't he play with him at recess today? And see him at the end of the day?"

"They arranged to make The Drop tomorrow at breakfast."


Eight-year-old boys are a breed of their own...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more