Cora's Wind-Down

Cora, at bedtime: [coughs] Oh, man, I have something in my throat that does not belong there. It might be a bad leaf. Or maybe a bug. Maybe I swallowed a bug. I hope it wasn't one of Henry's bugs. Did you know the Grinch eats gross stuff from the garbage? Like, when people send it up to him? That's disgusting. I'm so glad we don't eat that stuff, aren't you? Wait--did you guys decide to name me Cora, or did God tell you to? Does he sometimes tell people to name their kids things? Did he know there would be so many Allys? Like the one at church and Ally on George. Curious George, I mean, like the monkey. Not McFly. Wait. That wasn't his name. George McFly? McFly was just what Biff called him, like when he went "Hello, McFly, anybody home?" [knocks on my head and giggles] He just wondered if there was anyone living inside his head--that's so funny. Boys, just so you know, I am not going to sleep tonight. I'm not even a little bit tired!


My money's on her being asleep in about five minutes.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more